• 2 fillets of Red Snapper, Striped Bass or other firm white fish
• 4 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsps. minced garlic
• ½ cup finely chopped onion
• 4 Tbsps. capers drained
• 1.5 cups of whole pitted olives, green and black mixed
• 1/3 cup dry white wine
• 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes, drained
• ½ cup fish stock or clam juice
• ¼ cup chopped parsley
1. Heat the olive oil on medium, in a non-stick pan with a cover and large enough to hold the fillets side by side.
2. Add the garlic and onion and sauté lightly for 2 minutes, do not let it brown.
3. Add the capers and olives and cook for two more minutes.
4. Add the white wine, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
5. Add the tomatoes, stir for 30-45 seconds, then add the fish stock or clam juice.
6. Add the fish fillets, cover and poach 8 to 10 minutes for Red Snapper; 10-12 minutes for Stripped Bass, depending on thickness.
7. Remove the fish to plates, sprinkle with the parsley and pour the sauce over the fish.
Serve with steamed or boiled, buttered new potatoes and a simple salad.