Serves 2: Cooking time – 35 minutes; total time – 40 minutes
6 tbsp. Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano, about 4 sprigs, stems removed and discarded
3 ½ tbsp. + 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tbsp. fresh lemon juice, about ½ lemon squeezed
Fillet of Striped Bass, about 14 oz.
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper taste
6 slices of lemon, about 1/8 inch thick
1 piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, about 18 x 18 inches square
1. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
2. while the oven is heating, mix the first three ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Add the 3 ½ tbsp. of olive oil and the lemon juice, mix well to form a paste.
4. Coat the fish with the remaining 1 tsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
5. Spoon the oreganata paste over the fish to coat it evenly.
6. Overlap the lemon slices on the aluminum foil.
7. Place the coated fillet on top of the lemon, and fold the aluminum paper to make a tent, leaving space above the fish.
8. Place the package on a shallow baking pan and cook for 30-35 minutes depending on thickness of the fish.
Note: This dish can be made with any firm, white, fish, such as red snapper; just adjust the cooking time based on thickness.