¼ cup + 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
2 12 oz. cans of Del Monte tomato sauce
1 pound of spaghetti
Kosher salt or sea salt
Freshly ground Locatelli Romano cheese
Dorothea’s Homemade Hot Pepper Sauce
1. Fill a six quart pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. In the meantime, pre-heat a mid-sized sauté pan on medium then add the ¼ cup of olive oil.
3. When the oil is shimmering add the garlic, sauté until it becomes light gold in color.
4. Add the oregano and stir quickly.
5. Reduce the heat to low, add the tomato sauce, return heat to high and bring to a boil.
6. When the water is at a full boil, add a dash of kosher salt or sea salt plus the tablespoon of olive oil.
7. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the instructions on the box.
8. After tasting the spaghetti to determine if it is al dente, drain it in a colander.
9. Transfer the sauce to the large pot, return the spaghetti and mix thoroughly.
10. Serve in bowls for people to add their own grated Locatelli Romano cheese and Dorothea’s Homemade Hot Pepper Sauce.
Note: This quick, easy to prepare dish is best accompanied by a simple salad with Homemade Italian Dressing, a loaf of fresh, crusty, Italian bread and a bottle of Chianti Classico.
Please see Pasta Memories