We made this last night to serve to new friends, but working in a kitchen that is not ours, we did not have access to our usual utensils. Accordingly, we adapted the recipe for a non-stick skillet and prepared the bulk of the dish in advance. These updates are noted in Notes 1 & 2. Flexibility is key to any recipe.
• 6 boneless center cut pork chops, about ¾ inch thick, approximately 2.75 – 3 lbs total
• Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 7 cloves of garlic, sliced
• 2 cups of dry white wine
• 1/3 cup of sliced hot cherry peppers, stems removed
• 2 large (35 oz.) jars of fire-roasted sweet peppers, about 4 cups sliced
• ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
1. Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and freshly ground pepper on both sides.
2. In a heavy stainless steel or cast iron skillet that has a cover, heat the olive oil on medium/high. (note 1)
3. Add the garlic and stir for 2 -3 minutes, do not let it brown.
4. Raise the heat to high and add the pork chops, brown for 5 minutes…
View original post 293 more words