(Preparation 15 minutes; active cooking 30 minutes. Serves 4, or serves 2 with leftovers)
1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsps. of coarsely chopped garlic, about 7 large cloves
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
6 tbsps. flour
Freshly ground black pepper and Kosher salt to taste
1 cup of sliced onion; slice medium onion in half from top to root end and then thinly slice each half
4 sliced Cherry Peppers, stems removed and discarded
2 cups of sliced Campari Tomatoes® or Cherry Tomatoes, about 10 oz.
½ cup red wine
2 tbsps. of chopped sage
1 tbsp. beef demi-glace
1. Add the flour to a shallow bowl and mix in the salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken thighs and set aside.
2. In a stainless steel sauté pan, heat the olive oil on medium. When shimmering, add the garlic and stir.
3. When garlic is translucent add the chicken thighs and brown for 8 minutes in total. Turn after 2 minutes and brown for 2 minutes on the other side. Repeat – 2 minutes on each side.
4. Remove the thighs and keep warm. Lower the heat and de-glaze the pan by first adding the onions, then the cherry peppers and tomatoes. Mix well with the onions, scraping up the pan, let cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Then add the wine and bring to a boil.
5. Return the browned chicken to the pan, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 12 minutes, turning the chicken pieces once, after 6 minutes.
6. Add the sage and cook 2 minutes more, uncovered.
7. Remove the chicken to a warmed serving platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Raise heat to high, add the demi-glace and mix well, stir until the sauce reaches the desired thickness.
8. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Serve with Broccoli Rabe Sauteed in Garlic and Olive Oil and Crusty Italian Bread with which to sop up the delicious sauce.
Please see The Best Italian Restaurant