Preparation time, 5 minutes; cooking time, 5 minutes
3 fillets of grey sole or lemon sole
6 tbsps. grated Romano cheese
Freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup of flour
2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsps. unsalted butter
½ cup dry white wine
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp. chopped fresh flat (Italian) parsley
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs together with cheese and add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Transfer the mixture to a rectangular Pyrex® baking dish, or something similar.
2. Add the flour to a second rectangular Pyrex baking dish, or something similar.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high heat and then add the butter.
4. In the meantime, dredge the fillets in the flour, coating them on both sides and then dip them to the egg-cheese mixture.
5. When the butter is melted, swirl in with the oil and add the fillets.
6. Cook the fillets until browned, 1 and ½ minutes.
7. Turn carefully with a long spatula and cook on the other side foe an additional 1 and ½ minutes.
8. Remove the fish to a warmed serving platter.
9. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan, and stir until slightly thickened. Add extra flour if needed.
10. Pour the sauce over the fish, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Please see: A Pre-Thanksgiving Meal