Preparation time, 20 minutes; cooking time 45 to 55 minutes.
1 cup of Italian flavored breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Locatelli Romano cheese
2 tbsps. + 1 tsp. of finely chopped garlic
¼ cup of chopped parsley
½ tsp. black pepper
12 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
4 cups unsalted chicken stock
1 cup dry white wine
Juice of 2 lemons
1. With a sharp knife, cut off the top 1 to 1&1/2 inches of each artichoke.
2. Remove the outer bottom leaves and snip off all points of the other leaves with kitchen shears.
3. Remove the stems, cut off the bottom 1/2 inch and peel and slice them lengthwise into quarters or thirds, depending on thickness.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the breadcrumbs, cheese, 2 tablespoons of garlic, parsley and pepper and mix well.
5. Pull back the leaves of each artichoke and drizzle 4 tablespoons of olive oil into the leaves of each.
6. With a teaspoon, add the breadcrumb mixture to each leaf.
7. Insert sliced stems into center.
8. Place stuffed artichokes in a 5 quart pot with a cover and add the chicken stock, white wine, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of garlic.
9. Cover pot and bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and steam the artichokes covered for 45 to 55 minutes, until leaves are easily removed from the artichoke.
10. Serve immediately.