(As adapted from Freemans Restaurant)
12 prunes, removed from liquid and pitted
¼ lb. creamy Gorgonzola
6 slices of thick-cut bacon, each piece cut in half
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a small spoon, fill each pitted prune with Gorgonzola cheese, about ½ tsp. of cheese for each.
3. Wrap each filled prune with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place the wrapped prunes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the bacon is crisped, but not burnt.
5. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes and serve warm.
Please see East Side, East Side, All Around the Town