As a variation on Sautéed Spinach with Olive Oil and Garlic, add toasted sesame seeds and low-sodium soy sauce and substitute olive oil with canola oil, for a lighter taste.
3 tbsps. sesame seeds
1/2 cup canola oil
10 cloves garlic sliced
3 lbs. baby spinach
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1. In a non-stick pan, toast the sesame seeds for several minutes until they turn nut-brown. Toss them several times to brown evenly.
2. Heat the oil in a large covered pot.
3. Add the garlic and sauté until translucent.
3. Add the spinach leaves, one pound at a time, stir and cover. As the spinach wilts, repeat the process until all of the spinach is cooked. It may be necessary to add some water during this process to help cook the spinach.
4. Remove the cover and boil off most of the liquid.
5. Add the soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds.