Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 13 minutes, serves 6 to 8
2 lbs. asparagus, washed and trimmed
1/8 lb. unsalted butter cut into thin slices
½ cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Steam the asparagus for three minutes.
3. Drain the asparagus and arrange them on a rimmed cookie sheet.
4. Cover the asparagus with the butter slices, then sprinkle the breadcrumbs over them and lastly sprinkle the cheese on top of all.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.