(Active preparation time 30 minutes; cooking time 20 minutes: Serves 2)
Ingredients for Crabmeat Stuffing (makes about 8 tablespoons of stuffing):
2 tbsps. unsalted butter
1 shallot, finely chopped
4 oz. crabmeat
1 tsp. Powdered Mustard
1 heaping tsp. Hot Hungarian Paprika
¼ cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon Italian Flavored Breadcrumbs
4 sage leaves, chopped
4 Flounder fillets about 14 oz. in total
4 small pats of butter
Hot Hungarian paprika, for sprinkling
½ cup dry white wine
½ teaspoon or more of Wondra Flour
Preparation: Pre-Heat Oven to 375 degrees
For the Stuffing:
1. Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-low flame.
2. Add shallots and sauté until translucent.
3. Add crabmeat and breakup large pieces with a fork, add spices.
4. Add wine and cook down a few minutes, stirring mixture continuously.
5. Add breadcrumbs until liquid is all absorbed, stirring mixture continuously.
6. Add chopped sage, and stir into mixture.
7. Remove stuffing from pan, place in a small bowl and allow to cool, prior to stuffing the fish.
For the Flounder:
1. Spread fillets out on a carving board, with the narrower, pointed end of the fillets facing the away from you and the fillets tuned so that the inside is face up.
2. Take about 2 tablespoon of crabmeat stuffing and beginning at the end of the fillet closest to you, lay the stuffing on the sole spreading it out as you move upward, but stopping about 1.5 inches from the narrow end.
3. Roll-up the fillets starting with the end nearest you and secure each with a toothpick.
4. Place the rolled-up fillets in a non-reactive baking dish, with toothpick sides facing down and top each with a pat of butter, and sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven on the top shelf for 18 minutes.
6. After 9 minutes into the baking, add ½ cup of dry white wine.
7. When fish is cooked, remove from pan and set aside and keep warm.
8. Pour off the liquid into a small pot and boil on high for 2 to 3 minutes, while whisking in a ½ teaspoon or more of Wondra flour to thicken.
9. Pour sauce over fillets and serve immediately, with lemon wedges.