Our supply of this hot sauce for is gone, so tomorrow we will cook up a new batch. Double this time. I am looking forward to my next bowl of “macaroni” enhanced with Mom’s sauce. It will be like going home again.
(Warning: Be sure to turn on the exhaust fan or open the window when preparing this sauce)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup of Crushed Red (Chili) Pepper
1. In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil on high heat.
2. When it is shimmering, add the garlic, stirring constantly until it turns a medium almond color.
3. Quickly add the Crushed Red Pepper, remove the pan from the heat and keep stirring as the pepper continues to brown.
4. Before it begins blacken and burn, pour the sauce into a container to let cool. When fully cooled transfer it to a small jar.
5. Top off the jar with olive oil so that there is at least a quarter of an inch of liquid on top.
6. Refrigerate the sauce. Before using in the future, bring it to room temperature and…
View original post 24 more words