(Active preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 14 minutes, total time 1&1/2 hours, serves 2)
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of two fresh squeezed limes
4 tbsps. of chopped fresh cilantro
6 tsps. of minced fresh ginger
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 lb. Fillet of Striped Bass
Note: Consider adding a finely minced jalapeño pepper to the marinade for an added zing.
1. Combine the first six ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to blend well.
2. Place the striped bass in shallow, non-reactive pan and pour the marinade over it.
3. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, turn the fillet after 30 minutes.
4. Oil the grate on a gas grill and preheat on medium-high.
5. Grill the fish with cover closed for 8 minutes on the first side, basting once with the marinade.
6. Turn the fish and repeat for an additional 6 minutes.
Please see A Multitude of Fishes