This is a great and inexpensive winter meal. Who wouldn’t enjoy their veggies with macaroni?
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
12 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 head of cauliflower, separated
1 pound of Linguine
Kosher salt or sea salt
Freshly ground Locatelli Romano cheese
Dorothea’s Homemade Hot Pepper Sauce
1. Fill a six quart pot with water, bring to a boil.
2. Add the cauliflower and cook until fork-tender.
3. In the meantime, pre-heat a large cast iron frying pan on high, then add the olive oil.
4. When the oil is shimmering, reduce the heat; add the garlic and sauté lightly, do not let it brown.
5. Remover the cauliflower from the boiling water, remove 4 cups of the water for developing the sauce and reserve the rest for cooking the linguine.
6. Add the cauliflower to the oil and garlic, and mash it in the pan continuing to break it down until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes.
View original post 218 more words