(Preparation time 30 minutes, serves 4)
1. In the top of a double boiler, combine the egg yolks, sugar and Marsala and whisk quickly to combine.
2. Add water to the bottom part of the double boiler and bring to a boil. When water begins to boil, reduce to a simmer and place the top part of the double boiler over it, making sure that the bottom does not come into contact with the simmering water and that the water remains at a high simmer and does not boil.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until it is doubled or tripled in volume. This could take up to 10 minutes.
4. When the mixture is frothy, plunge the top of the double boiler into a bowl of iced water and continue beating until cool, then set aside.
5. Slowly add the whipped cream to the mixture and refrigerate the Zabaglione.
6. Remove the Zabaglione from the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
7. To serve, place the strawberries in a glass dessert dish, balloon wine glass or other festive and suitable serving dish and spoon the Zabaglione over the strawberries.
Please see A Multitude of Fishes